It is with the greatest appreciation that we thank you for voting us “Best Bike Shop in Southeast Michigan” again for 2021. We are going through one of the toughest times in modern history, and we have been challenged beyond belief; it feels good to know that you have our back!
2020 and 2021 have not been benchmark years for Hometown by any means. We know that we have made a lot of mistakes and have drifted a little from what makes us “Hometown”. This is the first year in our history that we have had a service lead time of more than a week. Staffing has been an issue, and with supply chain issues, it has been a struggle getting even some of the basic essentials for running a bike shop. I am sure you have heard the same story from every small business everywhere, but at the end of the day, we know that you still believe in Hometown and our mission, and this award proves it.
GREAT CHANGES MADE AND MORE TO COME
We have been working on some exciting changes for the shop that we would like to share with you to help us turn these past couple of years on their head and give you the most amazing Hometown experience to date.
- We have revamped our service shop to be more efficient and are proud to announce that, as of today 7/24/21, we are currently SAME DAY on repairs, NEXT DAY on new bike builds, and 3 DAYS on tune-ups (pending parts, of course).
- Although the shop is closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, we have been working 7 days a week on bikes to stay on track.
- We have implemented a new texting service to increase our communication and give you better status updates on your bike.
- We have helped people find and assemble close to 50 new bikes that were purchased online and delivered to our shop. Our goal has always been and will always be to “GET YOU ON A BIKE”.
- In 2020 and 2021, we worked and are still working closely with local municipalities, the Road Commission, and our State Parks to give you more places to ride safely.
- We are formally introducing “The H.U.B Incubator”, a small business start-up space within the Hometown Bicycles building, to help up-and-coming Entrepreneurs.
WHAT DRIVES US
We are committed to sharing our knowledge and passion for cycling at all levels through cycling products and honest service that works for you.
We offer exceptional service at a fair price.
We meet or exceed your expectations.
We are honest and timely with our communication.
We are clean, organized, and will respect your property.
We will continuously improve and evolve.
We will work together with respect, treating others how we would want to be treated.
Make good decisions for our Company, because we believe in it.
Make good decisions for our Customers, because they deserve it.
Make good decisions for our Community, because we are part of it.
Make good decisions for our Industry, because we love it.
Thank you for the support. Thank you for voting. Thank you for sharing. And THANK YOU for believing.
Shaun & The Hometown Crew