Hometown’s 2022 Game Plan!
We’re already almost a month into the new year. Hard to believe, isn’t it? The winter days drag on a bit, but the months sure go by quickly. Spring cycling season will be here before we know it. And we can’t wait!
We have given a lot of thought to what we’d like Hometown and our local cycling community to accomplish in 2022. First and foremost, Hometown Bicycles will celebrate 12 years in business! Our baby is now almost a teenager. Over the years, we have pivoted and adapted — trying new things and letting go of old ways — and through it all, we have stayed committed to our four pillars: what’s best for the customer, what’s best for the company, what’s best for the community, and what’s best for the industry.
Recent years have brought exceptional challenges to overcome. No one anticipated a pandemic and all of the resulting byproducts — everything from supply chain issues to the cancellation of multiple shop and community rides, races, and events. This year, we hope to bring Hometown back to what you know and love. A vibrant place; your Happy Place.
Here’s a sneak peek at some of the exciting things we have in the works!
- Hometown Shop Rides: Our new ride schedule will debut this spring
- Revamped Service Shop: To better meet the needs of our customers and crew
- Clinics & Classes: A year-round schedule with a variety of topics
- More Community Partnerships: Something we have always believed in, but look for new (and improved) partnerships between Hometown and like-minded businesses and organizations
We’re excited for the opportunity to continue to grow and to serve our awesome community in 2022. Let’s make this a fabulous year!
Help Wanted: Join the Hometown Crew
Creating the magic of Hometown is no small thing — we need a crew of highly organized, creative, and enthusiastic team members. If you are detail-oriented, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and have a passion for cycling, consider applying for a position with us.
We currently have several career opportunities:
- Service Writer: Full-Time
- Service Technicians: 4 Full-Time and 2 Part-Time
- Bicycle Mechanics: 2 Full-Time
- Sales: Full-Time (Thursday-Monday schedule)
- Cashiers: 2 Part-Time (evenings and weekends)
- Inventory Manager: Full-Time
- Rides/Events/Marketing Coordinator: Part-Time
For consideration, send your resume and cover letter to Shaun Bhajan at firstname.lastname@example.org.